I am only one, but I am one. I can not do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do.” Edward Everett Hale
Individual Volunteer Opportunities
You can be a part of a group of amazing people who help in many of the following ways:
- Assistance with general office work: Monday – Friday 8:30 to 4:00 – Copying, stuffing envelopes, filing.
- Landscaping projects: Monday – Friday 8:30 to 4:00 – General weeding, mulching, trimming, raking leaves.
- Maintenance projects: Monday – Friday 8:30 to 4:00 – Tasks varied, painting, power washing, cleaning.
- Apartment cleaning & preparation for new residents: Monday – Friday 8:30 to 4:00 – Cleaning, moving furniture.
- Tuesday’s Treasures resale shop sales: On scheduled sale days – 8:30 to 2:00 – Bagging items, help carry items, keeping things organized, collecting donations.
- Donation organization: Wednesday – Friday 9:30 to 2:30 – Organizing clothes and other donations.
- Tutoring*: Hours and subjects are varied according to the children’s needs.
- Group childcare*: Tuesday evening 5:30 to 7:00 – Assist staff with watching children.
- Fall Festival: The 3rd Saturday in September – Help with parking, children’s carnival games, children’s inflatable rides, resale shop attendants, clean up.
* an interview and a clear background check is required on these items.
Potter's Volunteer Registration
Support Potter Children’s Home
There are many ways that you can support the work of Potter. Aside from financial gifts we rely on volunteers in the resale shop, donations of clothing and furniture, babysitters for our weekly groups, and donation of services, just to name a few. Contact us if you want to discuss ways you can be involved in our ministry.
Donate to Potter Children’s Home
We are only able to provide these services at no cost because of your generous donations. We have many options for giving, including one-time Gifts of Love, Honor/Memorial gifts, and monthly donations. To learn more, go to our donation page.
“Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.”
James 1:27 (KJV)
Help us continue to reach out to those in need by donating to Potter Children’s Home and Family Ministries.
Potter Children's Home and Family Ministries - 2350 Nashville Road Bowling Green, KY 42101 (270)843-3038